The Terms and Conditions shall manage the use of this website by those who visit and use the services provided herein. By using this Website (https://wildlifeforensicscience.artificialart.co.uk/), you agree to accept all terms and conditions written in here. If you disagree with any of these Terms and Conditions, please do not use this website.
2. Intellectual Property Rights
Other than the content you own, under these Terms, Society for Wildlife Forensic Science and/or its licensors own all the intellectual property rights and materials contained in this Website.
You are granted limited license only for purposes of viewing the material contained on this Website.
You are specifically restricted from all of the following:
- publishing any website material in any other media without explicit permission of the Society for Wildlife Forensic Science;
- selling, sublicensing and/or otherwise commercializing any website material; publicly showing any website material without explicit permission of the Society for Wildlife Forensic Science;
- using this website in any way that is or may be damaging to this website; using this website in any way that impacts user access to this website;
- using this website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in any way may cause harm to the website, or to any person or business entity;
- engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this website;
- using this website to engage in any advertising or marketing.
Certain areas of this website are restricted from being accessed by non-members of the Society for Wildlife Forensic Science, and the Society for Wildlife Forensic Science may further restrict access by you to any areas of this website, at any time, in absolute discretion. Any user ID and password you may have for this website are confidential and you must maintain confidentiality as well.
4. Prohibited Activities
In these Terms and Conditions, “Your Content” shall mean any audio, video, text, images or other material you choose to display in your member area or in documents uploaded to services (e.g. Certification or Proficiency Testing Program) on this Website. You may not access or use the Site for any purpose other than that for which we make the Site available. The Site may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
Your Content must be your own and must not be invading any third-party’s rights. Society for Wildlife Forensic Science reserves the right to remove any of Your Content from this Website at any time without notice.
As a user of the Site, you agree not to:
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the website to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
- Make any unauthorized use of the website, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
- Use the website to advertise or offer to sell goods and services.
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the website, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the website and/or the Content contained therein.
- Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the website.
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords.
- Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the website or the networks or services connected to the website.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- Sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
- Use any information obtained from the website in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- Attempt to bypass any measures of the website designed to prevent or restrict access to the website, or any portion of the website.
- Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of the members or agents of the Society engaged in providing any portion of the website to you.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the website.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the website.
- Use the website in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
5. User Generated Content
Some services offered on this website require contributions from the user. Those contributions should adhere to the following criteria:
- Your Contributions are not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- Your Contributions are not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
- Your Contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
- Your Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
- Your Contributions do not advocate the violent overthrow of any government or incite, encourage, or threaten physical harm against another.
- Your Contributions do not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
- Your Contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- Your Contributions do not contain any material that solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner.
- Your Contributions do not violate any federal or state law concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors;
- Your Contributions do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap.
5. No warranties
This Website is provided “as is,” with all faults, and Society for Wildlife Forensic Science express no representations or warranties, of any kind related to this Website or the materials contained on this Website. Also, nothing contained on this Website shall be interpreted as advising you.
6. Limitation of liability
In no event shall Society for Wildlife Forensic Science, nor any of its officers, or directors, shall be held liable for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this website whether such liability is under contract. Society for Wildlife Forensic Science, including its officers and directors shall not be held liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of this website.
You hereby indemnify to the fullest extent Society for Wildlife Forensic Science from and against any and/or all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses arising in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under any applicable law, such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
9. Variation of Terms
Society for Wildlife Forensic Science is permitted to revise these Terms at any time as it sees fit, and by using this Website you are expected to review these Terms on a regular basis.
The Society for Wildlife Forensic Science is allowed to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification. However, you are not allowed to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
11. Entire Agreement
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Society for Wildlife Forensic Science and you in relation to your use of this website, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings.
12. Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of OR, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in OR for the resolution of any disputes.